Pages

Thursday 10 January 2008

Loving You!

To celebrate the launch of the new Poppicrafts website Michelle is holding a competition every month. Januarys competition is very simple:
"Make a valentines Day card using only these 3 colours - BLACK, RED and WHITE."

Here is my entry into the competition.......
I followed the step-by-step instructions from here at Nichole Heady, Capture The Moment, for this slider card. I used red cardstock for the base of the card and matted and layered using black cardstock and Pink Petticoat, Daisy Daisy, black and white flourishes. I added hearts cut out with a cuttlebug die. For the insert I used the black card for the base and matted and layered with the red card and Pink Petticoat papers. I attached both together with white organza ribbon from my local market.
The verse reads:
I remember when we first met and the strong love that has grown between us since then. How full, yet short, the years have been. A large reason for this is because of you and your kind ways. You have made us a home, warm with the joy which only a family can bring. You have stood by me in the good and the bad, the smiles and the tears. I love you with a love that goes beyond what I can express. Thank you so much for being my friend, my love and my husband!

5 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I love how you made it into a slider card, and that bg pattern paper is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us. I found you at Poppicrafts' blog. :) kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, Fantastic card! - havent seen this slider type before - its great! Thanks for joining in the competition and good luck!
    Michelle
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg Jilli, that gorgeous verse almost had me in tears! The card is pretty fabulous too, love the slider card idea!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix