Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Sh*t Happens

Sh*t happens ... hmmm, what an apt sentiment for our lives at the minute!  For those of you that don't know, my Dad has been diagnosed with stage 3 Adenocarcinoma of the left lung.  His prognosis isn't that good and with treatment he has a minimum of 12 months left with us.  Which will go by in no time at all because you want it to go slow!

My parents have adopted the "Sh*t happens" approach to this horrible disease and can be heard saying it in nearly every conversation they have LOL.  Dad has said that he refuses to give in and be beaten by this, he says he's not ready to go just yet.  His positivity gives us hope.

As soon as i saw this image i just knew what i wanted to make with it and who i wanted to make a card for ...


Isn't he adorable?  He is one of Mo's new creations ...


The fantastic sentiment was created especially for me by Paulette at Create with TLC


and i used the cute little image again on the inside but left it black and white.

To make the rest of the card I used:-
CS ~ Stash
DP's ~ Happy Kitchen ~ Raspberry Road Designs
Button ~ Stash
Tools ~ Sewing Machine, Pencil Crayons, Blending Stumps, Sansodor, Corner Punch

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, so very sorry to hear this devastating news about your dad, he sounds like he is a very strong positive man and he has a strong positive family behind him. Prayers and thoughts are with you all and the card is fabulous!

    Hugs, Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your father. It's a great card and I am sure will put a smile on his face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, I am so sorry to hear your fathers news. Will send positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your dad, I will send you a little prayer.

    The card is very cute and I love the SH*T HAPPENS sentiment. I've not had a very good year myself so far, so I can totally understand where your parents are coming from with their saying.

    Good luck and God speed xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is brilliant Jilli
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix