Pages

Saturday 3 December 2011

Away In A Manager .... Sketch Saturday Karita's Challenge #184

Saturday morning again and flippin' December 3rd already, I still have cards to make and presents to buy #-o ...  however, I've made a start and braved the masses yesterday with Mum and DN (darling niece) ... starting with a new pair of leggings for myself  :D ... would be rude not too treat myself after the month I've had :(

Primark was manic 8-}, I only wanted a pair of pyjamas for DH's nephew ... seems that all kids are wearing age 6-7 pyjama's this year ... along with all the adult size 7 wellies in Aldi ... I think we got the last pairs of both ... it was funny though and we did nearly end up =)) trying to find the other "attached to very stretchy piece of extra long elastic" size 7 welly.  I was concious as i pulled and tugged, huffed and puffed and struggled pulling it out that i might gain a serious injury b-( if it came out all of a sudden!  DH came to the rescue though, with a member of staff armed with a pair of scissors ... injury averted this time!  It did mean that when we got back to Mum's I had to have a mince pie to celebrate ;)

 Karita is doing her first Dt week,  and wants us to wish her luck :) ... not that she needs it!

Firstly, this week's sponsor is ...



Love to Stamp is home to the Little Darlings rubber stamp line. You can also find paper, tools, sentiment stamps and embellishments.

Love to Stamp is offering one lucky winner a $15 merchandise gift voucher.

And here is this weeks sketch, made by Karita :)

... and this is the card I made using Mo Manning's new image "In The Manager"   for my Mum.  I didn't want anything that depicted a couple, so I thought I would focus all the attention on the Grandbabies ...


... and close up ...


... and again on the inside in B&W with a lovely verse ...


To make this card I used:~
CS ~ Stash
DP's ~ Summer Driggs ~ Old Fashioned Christmas 
Sentiment ~ Create with TLC
Pom-pom stuff  & Pearl ~ Stash
Tools ~ Sewing Machine, Pencil Crayons, Blending Stumps, Sansodor

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Jilli.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not rude at all and you definitely deserve to treat yourself! Shopping is great therapy! TFS your Fun story! Adorable card Jilli and beautiful verse! Loving those little pom poms at the bottom! :)

    Big Hugz,
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jilli this is so beautiful honey! I love the pom pom ribbon too, gorgeous!
    I think the mince pie was very well deserved, in fact you should've had 2, lol!
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOhhhh Jilli - I love your card!!! :)
    It´s so precious with wonderful image and beautiful text inside the card! :)
    I could keep looking your card hours and hours :)

    Wishing you a lovely Sunday :)
    Hugs,
    Karita

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful card Jilli, love the sweet image and beautiful colouring. Gorgeous stitching and pompom trim.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my darling. You were never shopping for the C word?! How very dare you!

    I absolutely LOVE this card. The soft colours are perfecto for this gorgeous image. Your colouring, is, as ever, simply divine and the pom pom is such a cute touch. I LOVE IT!!!

    Mwah, mwah. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix