Pages

Monday 7 April 2008

Claudia's Box Challenge - Papertake Weekly

Todays challenge for you is to create a big box out of 2 sheets of paper. Don't worry it is very easy. I will give you 2 scoring measurements to give you as much freedom as possible on what you can use this box. It's all up to your imagination - think outside the box :-)

I hate wrapping presents, but love using different things to give gifts in, so I thought this challenge would be a good opportunity to do that. It's Andy's nephews first birthday on Wednesday and we've got him a little outfit for the summer should the weather be nice this year.

So I thought I'd stick with the camouflage theme and I did this....


I used the measurements for the larger box, which fits the shorts and t-shirt in very nicely. The photo was taken at Fae's 21st meal which is the most recent one I have. I printed the camouflage onto cream cardstock and made a frame from the same card. Around the top I printed "jump to the jungle beat".

Recipe
Cardstock - cream card from Crafts Central
String - Morrisons
Skeleton Leaves - Freebie from Magazine a couple of years ago
Jump to the jungle beat - Bev's Jungle Birthday Fun - D.A.I.S.I.E company

20 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Jilli! I love the photo and that you have matched the bag with the gift! Fab! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea I'm sure your nephew will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great creation Jilli! Love how you embellished the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great box, love the use of the photo and the colours are just right for a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! Such a lovely gift

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice box!

    http://www.tiina38.vuodatus.net/blog/1231622

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done great job ,love the detail ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant box and a fab idea using the photo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea Jilli, and the baby photo is just too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love the co-ordination with the present and the photo is a smashing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bag/box... I love the camou paper! ;-]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jilli, thanks for the warning - I actually deleted this earlier! Not sure if there's any way I can stop them?! Grrr....
    (PTW dodgy post!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh - that is so cute! Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what fun!! sure your nephew will love it, a lovely gift!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant gift box love how it co-ordinates with the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice work with this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous idea Jilli and it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea, it is so hard finding ideas for boys, I am sure it will go down a treat

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful! Well done.
    xx :0)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix