Pages

Monday 25 August 2008

Another Candle .....

Yes I just had to do it.... make another candle! I'm gonna blame this addiction on Dawny P! It has to be her fault cos she put the tutorial on her blog and if her blog wasn't so darn good I wouldn't have visited and seen that post. So, as you can see it IS her fault pmsl!


My parents came this afternoon while I was desperately trying to make DH's birthday card, to have a haircut. I was showing them my blog and they saw the candle I'd made for Suzie ... who adored it and has placed an order for her whole family and friends! Anyway, Mum loved it and thought it'd be a good idea for me to make one immediately for my niece Beth for her 18th birthday , which incidentally isn't until February 20th! Beth's nickname as a baby and little child was Betty Boo (her surname is Boocock, poor child!) and so her love of Betty Boo grew with her ... ok it was forced on her! Therefore, we chose a Betty Boop image off the net for the front of the candle. My parents were really impressed by the technique, I thought Mum was gonna wet herself she was that impressed lol! So thank you Dawny P for my new addiction!

4 comments:

  1. aww Jilli this is fab, I love the image and colours and I'm not surprised friends and family are asking for them. You did make me laugh about you mum, hope your having a good day Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so clever Jilli! I love the personal greeting on the back too!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great candle, I must try this. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jilli, this is fantabulous, geat image and such a special present. I have been so good this week and spent hardly anything on crafty stuff now I am going to have to go out and buy candles and tissue paper. Thanks very Much !!! HE! He!
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix