Saturday, 28 February 2009
image ~ Precious Moments coloured with WM's, gems and sequins ~ stash, stitching ~ sewing machine. Just got to add a number 2 somewhere!
Monday, 23 February 2009
Well, this is another of my March cards done .... only 2 more to do! All CS & DP's ~ scraps, image ~ RAK from my fairy blogmother Jill .. coloured with WM's and Sakura Glaze pens, flowers, brads and raffia ~ stash, stitching ~ sewing machine, flourishes ~ cuttlebug die, sentiment ~ PC generated.
Sunday, 22 February 2009
I've combined this sketch with the colour challenge at Colour Create. Challenge 4 is Pink and Grey and for this week's extra option we would like you to think 'cute and cuddly', but please remember that this is not compulsory.
I knew exactly which papers i'd use for this challenge and i have to admit to not using my scraps, but i did check them first to see if i had any of the paper i used already printed out.
CS ~ stash, DP's ~ Pink Petticoat, images ~ RAK from Tab and Jill coloured with WM's, pearls ~ stash, stitching ~ outside with sewing machine, inside with DaisyD's tape thingy, sentiment ~ PC generated. I wanted to do the stitching in 2 different colours ... grey stitching on pink DP, pink stitching on grey DP, but it looks like i need a trip to the shops sometime this week for some pink cotton.
The inside of the card was decorated with some of the leftover's. I probably have enough to make another card at some point!
Thursday, 19 February 2009
Again, i've managed to use paper scraps to make it with ... i didn't realise how many i had till i started working my way through them lol! CS & DP's ~ scraps, image ~ RAK from Tab coloured with WM's, stitching ~ sewing machine (found a fab stitch on there too whilst i was playing, its the one used on the brown spotty DP), flowers and brads ~ stash.
I also managed to decorate the inside too with some more of the leftovers so they are completely used up ... dunno if i'll start doing this on all my cards now or not ... can't work out if its too much hassle or not pmsl!
Sentiment ~ Summer Driggs Awareness Kit.
Tuesday, 17 February 2009
I used my favourite colour combo at the minute ... green and orange mmmm... DP's & CS ~ all leftover's ... again! image ~ RAK from Diane, i just love these cute little mice, coloured with WM's, ribbon, eyelet, brads, beadcaps and flowers ~ stash, stitching ~ sewing machine.
Sunday, 15 February 2009
CS & DP's ~ out of the scrap paper folder, stitching ~ sewing machine, eyelets ~ RAK from Linda, ribbon, button, flowers ~ stash, sentiment ~ pc generated, image ~ RAK from Jill (i think lol ... i do apologise if its not).#
Now this card i'm happy with and i just adore it! Much better than the first one!
Challenge 3 at Colour Create is Red, White and Blue. There is an extra option available which you can use if you wish, although this isn't compulsory. This week's option is 'Holidays and Travel'
And this is how my card turned out. I thought i would make another Mother's Day card. CS and DP's ~ more leftover's, stitching ~ sewing machine, lace ~ stash leftover from when i made Fae her little bo peep dress for nursery a few years ago ... must dig out a photo to show you lol! (dressed her up as a Fairy too ... made that outfit as well!) button and ribbon ~ stash, image ~ RAK from Tab and coloured with WM's, flowers and brads ~ stash, globe ~ google image coloured with WM's. I thought the globe fit in with the travel part of the challenge! sentiment ~ pc generated.
Both cards are made again using CS & DP's that are leftovers, images ~ RAK's coloured with WM's, stitches ~ sewing machine, raffia, pearls, gem and flowers ~ stash
Friday, 13 February 2009
Create a card using only one piece of patterned design paper.
(If you are a struggling paper-aholic, this can be double sided)
Of course, this must include a Sugar Nellie stamp!
I do apologise for the poor quality photo ... but with the flash on there's too much glare, so this is the best i could get.
DP ~ another leftover, image ~ coloured with WM's and Sakura Glaze, flowers ~ punched from scrap card, bling ~ stash.
I thought i was doing really well with my March cards, until that was i realised that Mother's Day is 22nd March! I now have 6 Mother's Day cards to make! I've done 3 .... and this is one of them ... watch this space for the others lol!
Tuesday, 10 February 2009
More leftover CS & DP's, swirl ~ cut using Cuttlebug die, buttons ~ Poppicrafts, gems ~ stash, image ~ RAK from my gorgeous blog buddy Tab, coloured with WM's, sentiment ~ Rubber Romance, stitching ~ sewing machine, distressing ~ craft knife blade.
Well, thats another March card completed ...4 left to do!
I'm determined to use all or most of my paper scraps this year and again i've managed to use some for this card. CS ~ stash, ribbon ~ local market, eyelet ~ RAK from Linda, image ~ Magnolia coloured with WM's, sentiment ~ making memories part of blog candy win, stitching ~ done on sewing machine, butterfly ~ packet of assorted shapes from Poundland.
What a joy this sketch was to work with ... will definately be using it again!
CS ~ stash, DP's ~ leftovers, image ~ RAK from some generous soul, thank you! coloured with WM's, sentiment ~ making memories sticker, part of my blog candy win, lilac gems ~ stash, corners ~ Cuttlebug die. Again, i dragged my craft knife blade along the edges of the paper and card to distress it, i just love the effect it creates. Think i've just about mastered my colouring now ... i've been looking very closely at how my heroes do it and it looks like its finely sunk in lol! Took awhile i know, but i do get there eventually.
I only have 9 cards to make for March and this is card number 2! Only 7 left to do!
Sunday, 8 February 2009
CS ~ leftover, DP's ~ a collection of Linda's RAK and leftovers, image ~ RAK from my luverly friend Diane, who sent me a supply of these gorgeous little mice that i've coloured with WM's, flower ~ circle nesties and circle punch, brad and ribbon ~ stash. Dragged a stanley knife blade round the edges of the paper to distress it ... i got distressed while doing it ... paper fibres made me sneeze lol!
Thought i would add this photo taken last night of Ellie before she went out to a "pimps and ho's" party. Obviously, she doesn't normally go out dressed like this lol!
Friday, 6 February 2009
CS ~ leftovers, DP's ~ RAK from Linda, not sure you can see the sewing on the card too well which is why i decided to do a circle of bling ... bling ~ Home Bargains ... one of those decorate your mobile phone sets, ribbon ~ stash, hearts ~ cuttlebug die, 18th ~ Hippy Chic Alpha dies, Betty Boop images ~ colouring pages, resized and coloured using WM's and Sakura Stardust and Glaze pens.
I did intially think .... "where the hell am i gonna find paper to fit that combination", but after looking through my selection of paper pads that Linda sent me (the angel) i found the perfect ones .... Basic Grey ~ Sultry! I didn't even know i possessed any Basic Grey's ... I hear a lot of you mention different makes of paper pads, but to be honest, what with never buying them i generally dont have a scooby-doo what your on about!
CS ~ leftover, DP's ~ Basic Grey, sultry lol!, image ~ RAK from Jill (my fairy godmother), i think ... please correct me if i'm wrong! coloured with my trusty WM's, ribbon, flowers, pearl and butterflies ~ stash, sentiment one of my blog candy wins and is a sticker. I distressed my paper by dragging my craft knife blade along it.
After all that i hope it fits the bill and its the first of my March cards made .... before you start saying how organised i am, please don't ... cos i've not finished my February ones yet lol i still have 4 of those left to do for Bethany's 18th!
I just loved working with this sketch and it will definately be one that i use again. Once more i've managed to use some of those scrap DP's up, image ~ RAK, but not sure who, i must write a name on the back of them when i get them so i remember who to thank ... coloured this little cutey with WM's and the flowers with Sakura glaze pens, added a touch of Glamour Dust to the ribbon detail of the stamp, which doesn't show up in the photo, flowers, beadcaps, ribbon and brads ~ stash, silver cord ~ found on the floor from yesterdays card lol and silver heart was on a wedding invite we recieved a couple of years ago. Sewing done with my new machine.
Thursday, 5 February 2009
Pollycraft produce wonderful, exclusive stamps and downloads, offering free delivery on all UK orders. Paula is offering 2 fabulous stamps from the new collection as a prize this week!!
Another one that i've made using paper scraps ... i'm just loving getting rid of all those silly little bits of DP's that i just can't bear to throw away. CS ~ stash, image ~ coloured with WM's and Sakura Glaze, sentiment ~ RAK (but dont remember who ... sorry), buttons ~ poppicrafts, pink raffia ~ Poundland.
Very simple one, use some metal on your card i.e. charms, wire, spacers, eyelets, metal coloured card, fabric or paper etc.
Not the best of photos i know lol! Anyway, CS & DP's ~ leftovers, image ~ coloured with WM's and Sakura Glaze and blinged with Glamour Dust, hearts ~ cut using Cuttlebug Hippie Chick Alpha dies and stuck onto scrap of black card and then cut round freehand, flowers, eyelets, beadcaps and brads ~ stash, silver cord ~ stash.
Today has been the first day that I've felt like doing anything ... so i've put my time to good use and made another February card using the fab sketch at WOJ Challenge blogspot.
The encouraged award is from my gorgeous blog buddy Jo,. To be honest i should be sending this to her, not her to me ...... she is trying to encourage me to make some peculiar cakes ... although i have to admit that if i knew someone who i could make it for then i would pmsl! A-ha ... its my Mum's birthday the end of the month .... let me have a think about it and price it up and i'll see what if anything i can come up with ..... are ya intrigued yet?!
and lastly my Nice Blog Award from my little Tabbykins ... thank you!
Well i'm supposed to pass these on, but seeings as its taken me so long to collect them most of you have them, so if you dont have them and you want them .... help yourself.
This award is from the lovely Tasha Here are the rules:
a) First list 10 honest things about yourself making them interesting
b) Pass this onto 7 other bloggers who you feel embody the spirit of Honest Scrap.
So here goes .......
1. I have a phobia of filling hot water bottles ... i think it goes back to when i scolded myself at the age of 3 and ended up with bandages on my leg. Even now i cant get in a hot bath without my leg and foot going bright red and tingling. It also doesn't help when your filling a hot water bottle and your lovely big sister (not!) decides to squeeze the bottom of it, sending the water over the top and over your hands.
2. I'm obsessed with being organised... I hate not knowing whats happening, when and where. I couldn't be spontaneous if i tried. Everything has to be planned in advance with military precision.
3. My hubby and girls think i'm borderline OCD ... i have a thing about cross contamination, which apparently is one of my favourite sayings. Most things have to be anti-bac'd within an inch of its life.
4. I hate seeing children with dirty hands and faces .... back to the OCD lol! I've constantly got a pack of baby wipes in my hand while Rylee's eating, playing, etc.
5. I hate participating in sort of physical activity. At school i would forge letters from my parents to get out of P.E. I put it down to the fact that i'm not very good atheletically. Although i did used to play squash with my sister a couple of times a week and loved it. It did take us a few weeks to be able to play a full 40 minutes, but we paced ourselves .... 10 minutes of squash .... can of coke and a mars bar, then 20 minutes, 30 minutes and eventually a full 40!
6. I'm a nervous passenger. I put this down to the fact that its me that does all the driving. I hate driving out of the area and wont drive on a motorway at any price. I'd sooner drive 60 miles out of my way than go on a motorway. Dont really like dual carriageways either ..... too much "Police, Camera, Action"
7. As you probably know I've lost 2 stone attending Weight Watchers. Its been far easier than i ever imagined it would be ... but has turned into somewhat of an obsession now! Don't panic I dont plan on having an eating disorder and i'm not going to lose anymore weight but it most certainly makes you think about what you are about to eat.
8. I love finding out about my family. 9 years ago with the help of my friend Paula in London, I was able to reunite my Dad and his brother with their youngest brother after 60 years! My Grandad was killed in the war (aboard the Lancasteria) and my Granny left the 9 children to fend for themselves, which they did for a few months before being taken into care and put in children's homes or foster care, where most of them lost touch.
9. I got married at 17. I didn't want to, but my parents decided it was a good idea as i was pregnant with Fae (yes ... i know i'm a tart lol). Fortunately, it has worked out ok, but it wasn't what i wanted and i'll never forgive them for it. Left to me i wouldn't be married now.
10. My right ear is bigger than my left one. Dunno why or how it happened but its always been like that. I've very concious of it and would love to have it pinned back or cut off or something!
I now need to pass this on to 7 people, but you've probably by now already had it, so i wont bother.