Pages

Monday 4 February 2008

Altered Tin

I was looking for a different way to give money as a birthday gift. I hate just shoving it in the middle of a birthday card. So after looking for inspiration I came up with this...



I brought this tin of sweets from our local Home Bargains shop for 99p. I took the bottom off with a tin opener and took the sweets out, which left the foil intact. I covered the tin and lid with free paper from here, thanks Stephanie, and embellished with ribbon. I placed the money along with some bath petals into the tin and superglued the bottom back on. I ran some ribbon around the base of the tin to hide the join. So, this tin now looks like this ...



I will most definately be using this idea again it was very well recieved, although my sister refused to open it on her birthday fearing something would pop out at her and made her daughter do it for her. She's so trusting of me! lol

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, a lovely little tin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab idea ~ I'll be on the lookout for tins like this now!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix