Pages

Friday 15 February 2008

My First Maze Book & PWC "Simply Stripes" & Funky Fairy Challenge 8 "Photographs"

I've been busy all week that's why I've not blogged...I'll show you later why! But in the meantime I needed an idea for Fae's 21st birthday card. I wanted to do something different, something she could keep, something a little special. I visited Charmed Crafts and Cards and found they had step-by-step instructions for a Maze book, which were pretty easy to follow. So, I set about making my first maze book - which fits nicely into the Papertake Weekly Challenge and Funky Fairy's Challenge 8 "Photographs"...

This weeks challenge is 'Simply Stripes' - quite self explanitory really lol! This weeks challenge is to use stripes on your project!
For this weeks challenge I would like you to make a card, scrapbook page or brag book etc etc - around one photo or a small collection of photos (all of a similar theme). There must also be at least one piece of text / saying / phrase included in the project. With "Mother's Day" and "Easter" around the corner, this could be the perfect opportunity to make that aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh card / project ! ! Alternatively use your photo on a "Retirement", "Wedding" or "Birthday" card / project - the possibilities are endless !!!




This is the front cover - I used paper from Pink Petticoat Doodleicious, Fimo numbers from Karacter Krafts, letters from a sheet from my stash.





The pages are made from one sheet of 12x12 paper from my
stash. For page 1&2 I used a photo holder thingy (have no idea what there called lol) that came with a craft kit that I got ages ago, pink fabric hearts and flower from a Poundland embellishment kit, pink vellum from local craft shop and eyelets from Poppicrafts. The verse says "It seems like only yesterday that we held you in our arms, promising you that throughout life we would protect you from all harm"



Page 3&4 - I cut a frame from scrap card and covered it with flowers from Aunty Sarah's. I embellished those with Poundland gems. I used a scrap of paper from my stash and layered the vellum over that holding them together and attaching to the page with brads. The verse says "Then as life is designed you grew up very fast. You started to talk, run and play, those days they quickly passed"





Page 5&6 - For these pages I made two pockets by turning the corners down and sticking in place. I used buttons from own stash and flowers left over from my Valentines cards (Cuttlebug Hippy Chic Alphas), again i embellished with poundland gems. I made two tags using a Coluzzle and tied ribbon from own stash to the tops.




Pages 7&8 - 1 fat daisy from Aunty Sarah's, along with other blooms in the centre, held together with a brad. A couple of peel offs embellish the vellum. The verse says "Then came school and away you went learning new things every day. More time for you and your friends, less for us, but it happens that way"






Pages 8&9 - I used the heart Coluzzle to cut out the heart shaped frame from cardstock. Bow and heart shaped gems from own stash. The verse says "Now you are a beautiful young woman, with a caring, loving, compassionate heart. You have a great life ahead of you, we know you couldn't wait to start"




Pages 10&11 - Scraps of paper from Pink Petticoat "O' Christmas Tree", 21 cut from Cuttlebug Hippy Chic Alphas in white glitter card (59p per pack of 10 from Home Bargains), 2 peel off butterflies glittered using Sparkle Colour glitters from Arty Miss. The verse says "All of this happened over 21 years. How quickly all of this went by. You think that things pass super slow, but it's amazing how time really flies"



Pages 12&13 - I wanted something simple on the last pages, so i used a strip of scrap floral vellum and stuck it down either side. As you can see I then just added peel offs to finish. I have no idea who the author of the poem is. I found it whilst trawling the net for something appropriate. I have slightly changed it though. I tried to add photos of Fae that corresponded with the verse.



I will be entering this into the Springtime competition that Kathryn has at Karacter Krafts.

And this is the reason why I've not been blogging this week and why it took me so long to make this card ......


... Lol see sooo busy!

9 comments:

  1. A really beautiful little maze book...I'm sure she will love it x

    Can see why you had your hands full!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so pretty. Fantastic album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful book ,great work ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Ive just started a little book for my mum for Mothers Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful book - well done on having the patience to finish it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - what a fabulous keep sake - she'll love it. Thank you for joining the Funky Fairy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love maze books: You've done a great job on this one. Wonderful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix