Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2009

Gift Basket

I thought i would do a quick post before i'm off to fat club for my weekly weigh in to show you what i've been doing on in my Rylee free time!

My cousin started chemotherapy on Monday and my parents, sister and I wanted to show we are thinking of her. Now my Mum's first thoughts were either a bouquet or a basket of fruit delivered to the door. Unfortunately, i can't justify paying vast amounts of money for not a lot of anything, so that was the end of those 2 ideas lol! I decided to do some research and using various website information came up with some hopefully useful gift basket contents.

This is the completed basket. The contents include: A fleece blanket, 2 pairs of soft fluffy socks, 2 magazines, 2 lip balms, Aveeno moisturiser and bath/shower oil, chicken soup and bowl, cup and one cup coffee sachets, tissues, a tin of hard sweets, MP3 player with a selection of her favourite songs, headphones, sensitive toothbrush and toothpaste, a selection of fruit flavoured tea bags (see photos below)...

This is the little teabag holder that i've made to match the card in my previous post. I used the same papers and cardstock.


... and added the instructions on the back.



I just love making these gift baskets and fortunately this time i remember to take photo's before it leaves at the weekend. Right i suppose i better think about going to get weigh and see if those Revel i had the other weekend have done any lasting damage ... i escaped it last week, but i dont expect to be so lucky this week! Wish me luck lol!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow sweetie, what a super fab pressy for your cousin, I'm sure she will adore it and it will be just what she needs....hope all goes well for her too!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea, I do hope everything goes well for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what a fabulous gift! Im sure she will be speechless! If someone has taken that amount of time, trouble and thought at a time like that then Im sure she will be bowled over! Wishing her a speedy recovery.
    I love your gift of a 'tea purse' (for want of a better phrase!), it is delightful!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww Jilli, this is a wonderful gift, so thoughtful and beauitfully put together, you are one talented lady hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix