Pages

Sunday 13 January 2008

At Last!

We've (yes we... I managed to get Andy to help me out cos I was losing the will to live!) just finished the cake boxes and party bags, thank goodness! Starting with the party bags ...

I used a template that i downloaded from here, which was very simple (needed to be!). I printed on to photo paper a shoe design from Pink Petticoat "Le Lipstique" in olive and pink. I added a name tag and will be using these as place settings at the restaurant. Inside Ellie decided to put a party popper, some chocolate raisins (these being her favourite sweets, along with anything else covered in milk chocolate lol!) and some bubbles. At the time I thought "how the blazes am I going to find bubbles that fit in with a shoe theme?" The internet is a wonderful thing and I found these ... aren't they just sooo cute? They came in a box of 24 and cost £5.99, which works out at 25p per pot. Bargain! The delivery was reasonable too. They have various other designs which fit in with most party themes and are from here. So thats all the party bags done, packed up in the box ready to be transported to the restaurant.

So on we go to the cake boxes. Do you ever wish you'd never started anything? This was one of those times for me. They look so good once there finished, but they've been so time consuming to make. I used a template downloaded from here. Many thanks to Pam Curtis! I used Shellyrae Polka Treat freebie paper which I downloaded from here and pink holographic card for the heel, buckle and flower. I shall be wrapping the cake in greaseproof paper and pink and lime green tissue paper and hopefully it will fit quite nicely in the shoe!


The only things left to do now are the Thank Shoe cards and I need to make something to put the chocolate raisins in...I feel a roll of cellophane and a bag sealer could come in handy!

And I'll be doing this all again in March for Fae's 21st!

2 comments:

  1. wow have you been busy for that party! thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix