Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2008

Heart's Desire!

This weeks Papertake Weekly Challenge is ...Please could we see some hearts (or a heart lol!) on your cards this week? Already done your Valentine's cards? How about doing a Wedding / Anniversary / engagement or birthday card! We don't mind which - as long as there's a heart or two...or three.....!!!

Well, I have made quite a few cards with hearts on just lately thanks to my gorgeous grandson Rylee! He asked me to make his Mummy & Daddy a valentines card along with all his grandparents, great grandparents, Auntie Weezy, Great Auntie Cissy and family and friends who live in other parts of the country and don't get to see him on a regular basis.

This card was made using holographic card (59p for 10 sheets from Home Bargains) I cut 2 hearts from gold holographic and pink card using my coluzzle heart template and stuck on a photo of Rylee and decorated with hearts and flowers cut from scrap card using the Hippy Chic Cuttlebug Alpha dies, a button and some gold cord finish it off. The me to you ribbon was off a Christmas gift set. The paper for the insert was once again a freebie paper downloaded from here and is made by Derek, Thanks Derek!
The verse inside reads...
I'm so lucky your my Mummy and Daddy
Your the best two there could be
That's why this valentine is filled
With love to your from
Your special baby boy Rylee xx

This card I made using the Crafty Template, January templates. Again I used Derek's beautiful Love papers. I made this in a similiar way as the first card, but without using the Coluzzle (purchased after I'd made all these...typical!) The verse inside reads...
With all the sunshine things you do,
The smiles you share - the laughter, too -
With all the dreams you make come true
It's great to have Grandparents/Auntie/Family like you!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful work ,your grandson is so cute ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Nice to see a pic worked into it aswell! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful work! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable little boy ! so original an idea !

    on an impulse I created a one off card challenge today !

    http://maisymary.blogspot.com/2008/01/surprising-weds-card-challenge-by-me.html

    Do come by when you can ! runs for a week !

    xo, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! He is such a sweetie, isn't he?!! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Its great to see my paper in action.

    Thanks for the Credit!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix