Pages

Friday 24 April 2009

Doh!

I managed to make a couple more cards today before "the" crime was committed! I had a card to make for my Dad's birthday and a final one for my nursery commissions.

CS ~ stash. DP ~ RAK. Image ~ RAK (but as always i can't remember who sent it me) coloured with Whisper Markers. #1 ~ Hippie Chic Alpha Die. I actually love how this has turned out, even though i've used very little to make it.

CS ~ Tab, part of my birthday pressie. DP ~ Linda, again part of my birthday pressie (will add the photo later) Peel-off ~ stash. Image ~ Diane, coloured with Whisper Markers and Sakura Stardust pens.

Everything appeared to be going really well up until this point. I then decided i'd have a butchers at the Just Magnolia challenge. "Ooooh" i think, "pink and green ... another one of my fav colour combo's and the chance to use the lush papers that Diane sent me for my birthday" I knew exactly which stamp i wanted to use .... I had a 21st birthday card i needed to make for my friend Paula for her niece. I rummaged through my stamp drawer ... briefly in a panic, cos i couldn't find the stamp i wanted ... and there she is! I ink her up, colour her in, decide that i'll use the previous weeks sketch too, cos i didn't get chance last week with my birthday celebrations. I carefully stitch the papers and start gluing and sewing everything in place .... when out of the blue the realisation hits me .... i'm making a card for "Just Magnolia" .... using a ****** Rubber Romance stamp!!!!!!!! I mean, what a ****! Doh ... quite clearly the peroxide has taken affect and i am a "bimbo". Had even carried on making it, telling Andy what challenge it was for and still not realised my faux pas. Could this be my age ... or a i just stupid?!

The card looks lovely though ... don't it lol?! I think it turned out quite well. Infact, i love it.

10 comments:

  1. brilliant cards hun, you do make me laugh sweetie, that is just the sort of thing I do all the time
    Hope you have a great weekend sweetie
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....pmsl.....it's deffo you age Jilli....lol!!! sorry, just another lil dig.

    Eventhough you couldn't enter it into the Magnolia challenge, for obvious reasons, it's a gorgeous card, as are the nursery collection ones too, crikey you've been busy again. Have a great weekend luvly xx vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Jilli, wow what a gorgeous selection of cards since my last visit, you have been a busy bee. I hope you are well, enjoy your weekend, catch up soon i hope, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey you were busy!!!!
    All your cards are luvly,it must be something in the air with the muddled cards this week,lol!!! ;o)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cards Jilli,l love the images,and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jilli you must be majorly busy producing these three gorgeous card - they are all fantastic
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jilli lovin your new cards especially the not so just magnolia one lol thats soemthing I would do xxkerryxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Three Gorgeous cards, Jilli! Now, I think we all of those moments with so many challenges and various challenge combos...it's a bit tricky keepin' it all straight!!! I would hate to think it is the peroxide,lol!!! I don't know what all that hair colour is doing to my brain cells then,lol!! Well, whatever it is all three of your cards are stunning,hun!!!!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic cards sweetie, you are funny.. but your not on your own hun i do that kind of thing all the time.. huggles rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous cards Jilli, my fav is the last one with the RR image, the papers and stitching are gorgeous, beautiful colouring hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix