Pages

Sunday 26 April 2009

Truly Scrumptious Challenge #5 & Colour Create #13





Oh i've been cooking on gas this morning. I was awake at 6.50am ... up with the birds ... wondering where my 19 year old daughter was for one thing ... the little ****, her. Kid's who'd have em? I sometimes wonder why i did ... Unfortunately, for us we appear to have chosen the wrong name for her, although i'm not taking responsibility for that cos i wanted to call her Naomi, Eloise was Andy's choice!

It seems every Eloise we have met or read about is an absolute nightmare. For instance in the book i'm reading at the moment has an Eloise in it "Eloise (who was Satan cunningly disguised as a four year old festooned in pink frills)." "Eloise sauntered up to Reuben and, with the casualness of a seasoned football hooligan, whacked him over the head with the plastic fairy wand she was carrying" "Eloise's proximity and the 'it wasn't me, I didn't do it' expression gave the game away" " Sorry, said Eloise, grinning and clearly not meaning it." Which is precisely what she did when she arrived home this morning after i sent a few choice words to her in a text message. She meant to let me know, but fell asleep! In all fairness she did text her Dad to say she might be out all night. Anyway, i was up the sun was shining and i have my June list of cards to make. 2 down ...11 or so to do. The majority of them are mens/boys cards ... which i find, like most of you, quite difficult to do.
I was hoping not for a repeat of yesterday, where my mojo escaped me and all i did for over an hour was sit and stare at an image i coloured!
This weeks challenge at Truly Scrumptious is hosted by Design Team member Michele and she has put together a fab sketch. Whimsy Stamps have a range of adorable child and animal images so it seemed appropriate that the theme for this challenge is to make a Card for a child. Remember, you need to follow the sketch AND the theme to be entered into the draw for the prize.

Week 13 at Colour Create is "Orange, Green and Brown" as you probably know orange and green are just a couple of the colours i love working with, so i couldn't wait to get started with this one. This weeks extra option is to make a card for a man/male/boy.
CS ~ stash
DP's ~ Shabby Princess and left overs
Image ~ High Hopes, coloured with Whisper Markers (thanks Tab, mwah's)
flowers ~ RAK from Diane x
Sentiment ~ PC generated
Gems ~ stash
Dentures image ~ google find
Swirly stamp ~ my new inkadinkadoo dotty swirls
present stamp ~ Studio G

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic card for the challenge Jilli. You've really used the colours so well. Fab image and papers.
    lol! Love the little story Jilli. Kids are a nightmare at times aren't they?
    Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Jilli it really made me smile.

    As for your daughter I was just the same when I was her age, Don't know how my mum coped lol

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Jilli, I really love the layout! I'm glad you were able to tick another one off your June list too!
    Thanks so much for joining in with this week's CC challenge ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie! OMG, I never thought that you would actually find a set of dentures LOL, well done you! Love this donkey so darn cute and your selection of papers is so delish!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Jilli, I love the image and sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, but you did make me chuckle, I have two daughters youngest moved out last month, I am so over the sleepless nights worrying about when they come in.
    Hugs
    Tracyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Jilli.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card Jilli, I love the image, and the papers you've used hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is lovely Jilli. I love your image and the colouring is great. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card, just love the cut HH image.
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Jilli and a great take on the sketch. Great use of the colours and I just love that adorable image with his set of false teeth.
    Thanks for joining us at CC. and TS.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Jilli. Love the image and the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, that donkey is great
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  14. tee hee!! this is so cute!!
    Love it and wonderful colouring!

    thanks for joining us this week

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card. I love the image and sentiment made me smile.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so fab! I love the fun stamp and the colours are great! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant card. Love the orange flower! AND that horse is sooo cute!

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix