Pages

Friday 14 November 2008

Anyone For Cake ........?!

No cards as yet today but I have made a cake .... not your usual cake .... this has no calories! It's a nappy cake!!! My ingredients are ..... 48 first size nappies (2 packs of Sainsbury's own brand on offer at around £2.64, can't really remember. Was told that they are really good nappies though) 1 x Winnie the Pooh bottle (79p from Home Bargains), 1 x Winne the Pooh Thermometer (£1.49 from Home Bargains), Winne the Pooh bottle brush (99p from Home Bargains), Tigger Dummy and clip (£1.49 from Home Bargains), Baby on Board sign (£1.00 for 2 from Poundland), 1 x white bath towel and 2 x white hand towels (Asda smart price range £2.93) 5 x white face cloths (Asda smart price range 20p each), Winnie the Pooh brush and comb set (£1.00 from Poundland), teether (2 for £1.oo from Poundland), Winnie the Pooh rattle (£1.00 from Poundland) Cellophane (£2.00 from local florist), ribbon from stash. The grand total is £17.26. What a fab, unusual present! I loosely followed a tutorial I found here that I found easy to understand. This is the top tier and consists of 4 nappies, a wooden spoon with the sign bluetacked to it, a brush and comb set, hand towel and a face cloth made into a candle (am so impressed with the candles). This is the middle tier it has 10 nappies, a hand towel, thermometer and dummy and clip.



The bottom tier has the remaining 34 nappies, a rattle, bottle, bottle brush, teether, 4 face cloths and a bath towel.


This is the back of it. I'm really pleased with it and have taken it to my friend Sharron to give to her daughter Carla for me, she's not due until May but I don't have anywhere to store it and I was really excited about Carla having it. Now I can't wait to make my next one!

Edited: Sharron and John (grandparents to be) Carla and Neil (parents to be) were absolutely thrilled with the nappy cake, they loved it. Carla left me a message on Facebook saying "Carla & Neil r really pleased with the baby presents from Jill & family thanks x." Sharron phoned me again today to thank me lol!

16 comments:

  1. wow wow wow Jilli, your crafty creations just get better and better, Aww she will love it, but it would be a shame to open it. honestly hun it's fantastic you're so clever hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. R u feelin clucky?!!! All these baby stuff you are making,lol!!!
    This is gorgeous,you sound like you really enjoyed makin it too :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant nappy cake Jilli, I bet Carla will absolutely love it, it's such a great idea. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fab mum love it i no wat i am getting next time lol love ya fae xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There better not be a next time for a very long time Fae!!!!! At least another 40 years, by which time I'll be too old to look after it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its cool at keast ya wont get fat lookin at it or belly ach xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Jilli, i love it:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift, you must be so pleased with the result. You must let us know what Carla's reaction was when she received it.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG you are so crafty Jilli I love this just so unusual and what great little extras in there. I told Farther Christmas what a good girl you had been and he said he will visit you, but leave him a nice big cigar as he really cannot stand mince pies.
    Lots of hugs
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  10. whooo,
    wow!
    a fabulous nappy cake, i have never seen one of these before. you have done a fabulous job with this one...
    I am going to go check out that link. thank you so much for sharing. hugs rachxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Jilli, hope your feeling happier there's an award waiting for you over at my blog, your truely are an inspiration and the bestest friend hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nappytastic Jilli, so cute!!

    Hugs, Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never seen one of these before Jilli.....how fabulous!
    Carole ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my its gorgeous and no calories - perfect!!! hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant idea, am sure any Mum to be would be pleased to receive this....
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fab and I think that you are really clever to have found so many great items at such reasonable prices. Well done indeed! The one I made for my daughter earlier this year cost me considerably more, I obviously don't know where to shop!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix