Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2008

A Wedding Card and Christmas Present!

Laura my "Fat Club" leader asked me to make a wedding card for her brother. My brief was ... it didn't have to be traditional as they're getting married on a beach in Mexico, some gold on it and their names if possible. I knew exactly which stamp and papers I wanted to use for this card, had to buy the stamp first though lol! Good enough excuse don't you think?....

So, this is how it turned out.... CS ~ Stash, DP's ~ back paper is Whisper of Romance by Verena Karolyi and the other paper is Alexa Crazy by Alexandra Brandwein, rafia, shells, peel-offs and bling ~ stash, swirls ~ cut using Cuttlebug, image ~ Rubber Romance stamp, "You Shouldn't Have", coloured with Whisper Markers and Sakura Glaze and Stardust pens, skirt is white netting from stash to make it appear more weddingy.

Made a box for it too and added another shell to the lid with a raffia bow and 2 hearts cut using Cuttlebug from Hippie Chic Alpha Set. Used the same papers for the box as I did the card.

Now onto the Christmas present.... My gorgeous, bestest blogging buddy Jill surprised me on Monday (actually it wasn't a surprise cos I hate surprises and clearly she can't keep a secret lol! and she told me about it over the weekend!) by sending me this gorgelicious Daisy stamp. I'd mentioned that I was adding it to my ever growing wishlist and her being my fairy godmother made it come true. I haven't had chance to ink her up yet, but she has been stroked well ... everytime I pass her lol! Not even managed to put her away in the drawer yet, shes taken pride of place on the dining table next to my laptop pmsl! (god I'm a saddo) But isn't she just cute?! Hope your gonna love yours as much as I love mine Jill PMSL!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Gorgeous card and box and what a gorgeous stamp too! I wish I'd of known you didn't like surprises ;0)
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is sooo gorgeous Jilli, ideal for a beach wedding, fab stamp and layout. The box is fab too, those shells really finish it off nicely. That stamp is so cute as well.

    Barbaraxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stamp's just perfect for the occasion, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh this is gorgeous jilli..love it:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a perfect card Jilli, beautiful.
    Daisy is a gorgeous stamp.
    hugs rachxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card & so appropriate.
    Luvly stamp from Jill!!! :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, card is beautiful, stamp is gorgeous! Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix