Pages

Sunday 23 November 2008

I've Got A Fairy Godmother & An Award!

D'ya know some peoples generosity knows no bounds. Their are a few people in blogland that I am truly honoured to have met, well ok not met, but you know what I mean... and one of these people it turns out is my Fairy Godmother! Clearly, she has been sent to look over me, cheer me up, always lend an ear and just be there for me! This is totally alien to me as its generally me doing all the above, so this is why I just have to share it with you all. I wont go into detail about what this person has done for me, but I'm going to find it extremely hard to ever, ever repay her! I can imagine her sat at her screen cringing as she's reading this post, cos she'll know who I'm talking about and I expect that she thinks what she's doing is nothing... but to me its a big something and I love her for it! So, Jill thank you soooooooooo much for your kindness.


On to my award.... I have recieved this award from 2 lovely ladies Tab and My Fairy Godmother.
It means .... This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind blogger's aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight blogger's who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
I notice that a lot of you already have this award so if you don't have it then please take it!
I didn't know I did all that lol! Thank you very much ladies for this award I'm thrilled and after the day I've had its most welcome! Do you want to hear the story?
Course you do! ...... Went out for lunch today with the Outlaws (Andy's parents for those of you who dont know), one of DH's brothers ... David, Ellie, Fae, Scott and Rylee, to celebrate David's 40th, MOT's (mother-out-law) 65th and our 22nd Wedding Anniversary. Was p***ed off to start with cos it was at the local Chinese, all you can eat restaurant and that means missing my much loved Sunday roast .... sacrilege! Whilst there these 6 peices of angel cake jumped on my plate and forced me to eat them! Thats the weightloss out the window this week. In all fairness they were only bite size.... well they were once I'd squashed them pmsl! But the thing that pushed me right to the edge was the shopping expedition we did after. MOT needs an outfit for DH's youngest brothers wedding Feb 2010, now its been my idea to look in the sales this year rather than leaving it until the last minute next year .... didn't realise she was gonna jump on the proverbial band wagon though, but after 22 years should've guessed she would. Anyhow, we went in to BHS I convinced her the dress she'd seen wasn't appropriate ... simply cos it was black with bright red, glittery flowers on! Hmmm ... so I found her a nice patterned brown skirt with matching top and a short brown jacket, looked lovely on the hanger but not on the MOT. Now this is where it turned very bad.... MOT insisted I went in the changing rooms with her .... oh bejesus, what a mistake lol! She was surprised nothing fit, but then she had insisted she was 2 sizes smaller than she actually is. On the way out she announced "thats it I'm coming to weight watchers with you now" DH and his brother laughed and started taking the mickey, they thought the whole thing was highly amusing, I told them I was traumatised and scarred for life and needed a lie down to recover, but they continued .... so I told them to imagine what I had just seen ...... pmsl that shut them up! Needless to say after 3 more shops she still didn't find an outfit that fit cos they clearly all have their sizes wrong .... no way is she that size, she'll go to Asda their sizes are right lol!
Sorry it turned out long but I just needed to get it off my chest. Apparently its all part of the healing process! :O

3 comments:

  1. aww Jilli, what you like? you are one of my best friends and have always been there for me too hun, ohh you made me laugh about your MIL sorry outlaw lol I'm still chuckling now, hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, sounds like you have had an eventful few days...bless.
    congrats on the award Jilli. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jilli
    Well done on your award. Your tale did make me giggle!
    Hugs Lynsey :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix