Pages

Saturday 13 December 2008

Christmas Crackers and A Card

Right as promised earlier here are this years Christmas Crackers ........

Not very good quality photo I know, the camera must be playing up again pmsl! I've made 10 of these, I know there's only 5 in the photo but they're not mine so they're not complete (still have one end left open for VBF Vicki to put her bits and bobs in). I followed this tutorial which gave me the exact dimensions to cut the wrapping paper .... a job I left Andy doing last night whilst I went to an Ann Summers Party! So, I used empty toilet rolls that I sterilised in the microwave (about 5 secs on high power ... tip from Fae when she worked at a previous nursery, before they said that loo rolls etc weren't allowed to be used in construction play!), wrapping paper on a roll, curling ribbon, red holographic card and scraps of cream and red card and my good old faithful glue gun. The photo actually doesn't do them justice, they look a lot better IRL.

On to the card ..... on Thursday when I collected Rylee from nursery my VBF Vicki was unhappy so once Rylee had gone home I set too making her a card full of hugs and some snowman soup minus the snowman lol! Which me being me forgot to photograph ...doh!

CS ~ stash, DP's ~ Summer Driggs, image ~ RAK from Diane, thanks honey! coloured with WM's and Sakura Glaze, swirly bits ~ Cuttlebug die, embossing ~ Cuttlebug swirl folder, flowers, beadcap, flower clip thingy and brad ~ stash, sentiment ~ Rubber Romance.

10 comments:

  1. ohh Jilli those crackers are gorgeous I love them, the wrapping paper is so gorgeous wow you've so talented I must try this hugs Jill x

    PS gorgeous card too, love the swirls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the crackers look fab, so professional and the cards gorgeous. Won't ask what you bought at the Ann Summers party lol
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jilli the crackers are stunning how clever of you, wouldn't even know where to start I am so impressed
    and I love your little house mouse card
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried leaving a comment last night but my internet was playing up,grrr!!!
    Your card is gorgeous,I was using the pencils you sent me yesterday too!!! Mutual Appreciation goin on,lol!!!
    That flowery paper is luvly :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great crackers Jilli! (where have you heard that before!) and your card is gorgeous. Congrats on your blog candy wins as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your crackers, they look great and a fab card. Congratulations on your wins, enjoy using your new stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on making such wonderful crackers Jilli, much better than the shop bought ones I normally buy lol :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing crackers Jilli, you are so talented...they are beautiful, much nicer than shop ones...great card too.
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jilli
    Your crackers look amazing and your card is really pretty. Those mice are so sweet, I love the swirls too.
    Hugs Lynsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, fabulous crackers, they look amazing and your little HM card is adorable
    hugs Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix