Pages

Sunday 7 December 2008

My Tree

OK so now I'm Christmas'ed. Andy finally went in the loft and fetched all the stuff out. Ellie decided we weren't having baubles this year on the tree and I dont do tinsel, bloody hate the stuff ... no matter where or how I put it, it always looks pants! We always have a real tree and this year is the first time we've had an artificial tree .... at one point I thought Andy was gonna cancel Christmas because we couldn't afford a real tree this year ... until I told him that a real tree was not practical with a 17 month baby running around with no shoes on and who tends to put every little bit of fluff etc in his mouth (thats my fault cos I fed him candy floss, I'm sure he thinks that tumble drier fluff is the same lol).
So this is what we ended up with ....

I've got to pop to Wilko's tomorrow for one of those tree skirty thing-a-ma-jigs. I didn't think about one of those with being used to my nice red pot! So thats with the flash off ...... and this is with it on ......

In case you can't tell from the photo the tree is decorated with icicles, snowflakes, jingle bells, 3 birds (not real ones) and some green feathers. Don't really think I could've fitted the baubles on anyway lol!

And then finally my faithful old swag .... I made this with a swag from Poundland and some lights and baubles from there too about 8 years or so ago. Most years I have to glue some of the baubles back on but I think it still looks pretty good! Now I just gotta clean up all the mess this task seems to generate.... yipeeeee!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tree & trimmings.It does make a mess,doesn't it,lol?!!!!:o)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations Jilli...just put my tree up tonight...decorations on it tomorrow!
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees and mantlepiece look very festive hun, they are all stunning! Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous tree Jilli looks fantastic hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh your tree look super hun, you have made it look so nice! :0) Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix