Pages

Saturday 13 December 2008

How Lucky Am I...?!

I just got an email from Janet letting me know I have won her fab blog candy!!!!!!

Mimi and Pig stamp. I just love this stamp and have had my eye on them since they've been released but not been able to afford them. I don't know if I've told you before but I'm Rylee's Mimi! When Fae told us she was pregnant I spent hours looking for different names for grandparents. I didn't want to be a grandparent anyway I was only 38, but thats what happens when you have kids when your still young lol! Everyone else (Scott's parents, my parents and the outlaws) had already got names .... Granny & Grandad, Nan & Gramps, Grandad & Nanny, Grandma and Great Gran ... there was nothing left for us! I eventually google searched "Grandparents names" and it came up with Mimi & Pops, among other things lol! Fae and Scott decided that they liked Mimi & Pops the best and thats whats stuck. Rylee knows who Mimi is but most of the time calls me Jill lol, and he knows his Pops but has decided to call him Poppy at the moment .... bless him. So thats why I love these Mimi stamps so much!

7 comments:

  1. Well how lucky are you!!!! I think you have won on the Whiff of Joy advent draw as well hun, lucky old you hee hee! Have a fab weekend hun! :0) Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a lovely stamp, you are certainly having a lucky day as I've seen you won Day 12 on Whiff of Joy too. Congratulations Jilli, what lovely early christmas pressie's. Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. good things happen to good people, aww I'm so chuffed for you hun, you deserve this, lets hope it's the lottery next hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jilli on your wins. Hope you will enjoy playing with your new stamps, which are fabulous!! Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations again and I love the Mimi and Pops story.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on both your wins,GO JILLI!!!
    The Mimi stamp is soooo cutey!!! :o)x

    p.s hope ur not still in that corner :o( LOL!!! ;o)X

    ReplyDelete
  7. More congrats Jilli...well done and I love Mimi and Pops...what special names...unique!
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix