Pages

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Forgot To Tell You .....

Guess who became a Gold Member at Fat Club last week? Yes my VBF Vicki and ME! I've lost a total of 24.5lb and am now a size 12! I started off in July weighing 11 stone 1lb and in a size 16/18, I was just beginning to creep into the size 18. There were 2 reasons for joining Weight Watchers, one being a night out with school friends, some of who we'd not seen for years. Vicki and I had always been 2 of the smallest at school and then for quite a few years after we'd left. My problem started when I stopped smoking about 5 - 6 years ago (I can never remember now... must be my age!) After having Ellie at 21 and until I stopped smoking I always weighed between 8-9 stones. My second reason for going was to help my niece Beth loose weight. We figured if we did it together (my sister, Vicki, Beth and I) it would help her and it has, she too has dropped 2 dress sizes, but still has a long way to go.
I weighed in tonight at 9 stone 4lb and fit quite nicely into a size 12. I'm really proud of my achievement and wanted to share it with you all. I've had my "Be An Inspiration" questionnaire thingy tonight from my leader and I need a before and after photo for next week. As soon as I sort them out I'll post them on here.
Before I go I just want to share with you what my leader wrote about me ... "I'm proud of you because you took on your weight loss with a laugh and a smile. You brough fun to the group whilst encouraging everyone with your continued success. 24.5lbs lost is a brilliant achievement and I hope you continue to attend whilst maintaining and continue to light up the meeting. You knew what you wanted and you grabbed it with both hands - well done you"
I am going to apply to be a leader now I've reached my goal, not sure how successful I'll be at it, but I bet I could make em laugh!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing-- keep it up!! You're definitely an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jilli!!!!!
    Huge Respect,I know how hard it is,lol!!!!
    So pleased for you & in time for xmas too :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Jilli such an inspiration hun, I really admire you well done hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey skinny bird! yes you! well done...how clever are you! Can't wait to see the photos and can believe you had them piddling themselves with laughter at the club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an amazing achievement Jilli! I am so pleased for you!! And just before Christmas too, I hope you've treated yourself to a slinky dress!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Jilli what a wonderful achievement and an inspiration to many. Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix