Pages

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Nappy Cake

I've made another nappy cake, this time to fulfill an order not as a gift, so i'm well excited and nervous. I thought i'd take some photos to sort of show you how i did it and how it evolved from just a pack of disposable nappies. ...Here they are rolled and rubber banded.

The bottom tier rolled and wrapped with a blanket and baby products being added.

The second tier

more products added and ribbon.

and the finished product from the front

from the left

from the right

and finally the back.

I've just got to cellophane the whole thing and once its done i'll take a photo and post it on here. Let me know what you think!

Oops nearly forgot to list the ingredients ....

54 size 1 pamper nappies, 5ooml Johnsons baby bath, 500ml Johnsons baby powder, 250ml Johnsons baby softwash, 250ml Johnsons baby shampoo, baby bubble pram fleece, Winnie the Pooh water filled teether, Winnie the Pooh brush and comb, Winnie the Pooh 8oz gripper bottle, bottle and teat brush, Winnie the Pooh digital thermometer, Winnie the Pooh soother and holder, Winnie the Pooh baby on board sign, baby sponge, rubber duck and babycare set (nail clippers, medicine spoon, nail file, nail scissors, comb, snot remover thingy)!

13 comments:

  1. Wow Jilli thats awesome - now it all makes sense.
    there is a little something for you on my blog
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    This cake is so beautiful and there are so many people like this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jilli, this is fabulous! What a lovely gift, its too nice to take apart though!

    Barbaraxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cakes. they looks so sweet jilli, but i wouldn't be able to dismantle it. looks too cute. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea Jilli....you're so clever!! There's a little something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Jilli, I've not seen anything like this before!
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous gift hunny, i know your customer will be absolutely thrilled with it. I am sure you will get more orders after she has shown her friends! well done you. Makes a change from the card making ! Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. I love how you have shown us how it is constructed. a fantastic gift.
    I have left an award for you on my blog, please drop by to collect it. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab, fab, fab! I must have a go at one of these sometime! Catch up with you soon!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fantastic...looks brilliant.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Jilli this looks fab. I just wouldn't have the heart to use it I would just sit and look at it hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab cake well done there really going to love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. ive never heard anyone call them 'nappies' before! too cute! im lovin the cake idea.. thats awesome!!! im soooo going to try that sometime!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix