Pages

Thursday 15 January 2009

Sad News and WOJ Challenge

A very, very special friend of mine has lost his Grandad and so that he knows I am thinking of him cos I can't be with him, I've made him this card ....

I made this card using WOJ challenge #14 ... colour theme .... purple and green! This is one of my favourite colour combinations. CS ~ stash, DP's ~ all leftovers, sentiment ~ pc generated, eyelets, flowers, beadcaps, ribbon and brads ~ stash, image ~ RAK but dont remember who ... sorry, coloured with WM's, Sakura Glaze and H2O's. Used the sewing machine again ... and the criss-cross ribbon through the brads ... becoming a bit of a habit i think lol!

11 comments:

  1. Stunning as always, I'm sure this will be appreciated
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the layout and image coloured to perfection!
    I like all the detaily bit too!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is beautiful Jilli,
    great choice of papers and embellishments. i am sure that your friend will take comfort in your card hun. hugs rachxxx
    thanks for joining us at woj.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is sad news Jilli, I'm so sorry to hear of your friends Grandad. This card is really beautiful.

    When you get chance there are a few awards on my blog for you (((hugs))) xx vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry to hear about your friends grandad, I'm sure your card will be a comfort hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jilli, I love the design and the papers and embellies are gorgeous.
    Sorry to hear of your friends sad loss...I'm sure he will really apprecaiet you card. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon Jilli, i am so sorry to hear your sad news about your friends grandad. I am sure your card will be of great comfort at this sad time. Your card is stunning hun as always. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Jilli, sorry that it is for such a sad occasion!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs, Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card. I'm sorry about the sad news, but I'm sure this card will help brighten their day a little bit. It's beautiful!
    hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Jilli and so appropriate for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear about your friends Grandad dear.
    your card is just gorgeous dear. Thanks for joining us this week at WOJ

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Whether its good or bad I'm always happy to hear from you! Jillix